FNG Precision Coatings now facilitates private party transfers of firearms. FNG maintains a Federal Firearms License and CA DOJ certificate to enable California private party transfers of firearms within Ventura County and beyond. Both the selling party party and the buying party need be present at our facility, along with the firearm(s), to complete the transaction. The purchaser (and seller if the purchaser is denied), must meet the normal firearm purchase and delivery requirements. (Pen. Code, § § 26800-26850.)
1. Needs valid CA DL/ID or Mil ID with permanent duty station orders indicating a posting in CA.
2. Seller does paperwork (CA DROS – Dealer’s Record of Sale ).
1. Buyer needs clear evidence of identity and age such as a valid CA DL/ID or Mil ID with permanent duty station orders indicating a posting in CA.
2. Buyer must present proof of CA residency.
3. Buyer needs valid FSC – Firearm Safety Certificate, or exemption to FSC with proof of exemption pursuant to California Penal Code section 31700. .
4. Buyer does paperwork (CA DROS and ATF 4473).
5. Buyer waits 10 days.
6. Buyer does safe handling demonstration, unless FSC exempt.
7. CA FFL dealer releases firearm to buyer, if there are no CA DOJ holds/rejections.
Please contact us to learn more and to set an appointment for your firearm transfer.
With respect to shipping or delivering firearms for coating work, FNG Precision complies with ATF and DOJ regulations, FNG maintains an FFL and logbook for the purpose of maintaining records of the serialized firearms components that arrive at our facility. Please contact us for instructions on how to deliver / ship your components. If you desire to view our FFL, it can be downloaded from the link below.